Head of Social Media
An opportunity to make an impact and play a key role in the growth of a top-50 financial publisher. We are hiring a senior social media executive to join our team to help drive traffic and audience to Benzinga.com. At Benzinga, content is king. Benzinga combines and makes accessible both the news and the conversation. This hybrid approach allows us to deliver relevant trends and scoop stories no one else can. We live and breathe Benzinga, and our job is to spread the news like a grass fire and bring you the most engaging content possible.
As the Head of Social Media, you will have a direct hand in creating and curating content on all major platforms seen by millions of readers and impacting the industry as a whole. If you know how to build and engage audiences with personality, grit, video, text, and imagery and bring enthusiasm to everything you do, we want to talk to you.
- Develop an editorial calendar and social media strategy to support audience growth across all major social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Threads, Reddit, Tiktok, LinkedIn et. al) for a global publisher
- Evaluate and manage existing social media and graphics teams, with a focus around KPIs, deliverables
- Work cross-functionally with News, Marketing, Content, B2C, B2B, Advertising and Events businesses to achieve OKRs
- Utilize analytics to make informed decisions about content strategy in the financial media sector
- Engage with Benzinga’s audience to support awareness around our largest verticals and business initiatives
- Innovate, create, curate and optimize new content styles to deliver viral content
- Drive traffic to Benzinga.com and its Events and Product suite.
- Minimum 5 years experience managing a corporate social media platform, preferably at a digital publication – financial media preferred
- 2+ years paid media campaign experience:- planning > optimization > ROI
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or similar field
- Ability to produce long and short form content – experience with image and video software a plus
- Sense of urgency and a sense of humor
- Expertise in cutting edge technology, media and fintech a big plus
- Passion for trading stocks and the markets.
- Track record of rapidly building audience – at both startups and established firms