Product Design Lead
- Define the user experience, interactions, and user interface through user flows, sketches and wireframes, and visual design.
- Build functional prototypes to validate and test your designs. You know how to rapidly ideate, prototype, and validate solutions.
- Mastery of the design-thinking process and the ability to bring that type of thinking into any size project.
- The ability to lead all facets of the design process, from discovery and user research to wireframing and prototyping to testing and validating.
- The ability to facilitate design reviews and provide actionable feedback that drives iteration and project completion.
Management, mentorship, and enablement
- Support and coach the members of the design team to help them evolve their skills to level up.
- Drive and enable a culture of continuous learning and curiosity.
- Identify and leverage individual strengths of designers as well as help them expand their knowledge by exploring disciplines outside their comfort zone.
- Understand where the team is, identify gaps, propose solutions.
- Advocate for team needs and ensure the team is set up to succeed.
- Ensure alignment across the team.
- Hire and onboard new employees.
- You are responsible for evolving and growing the design function. You should lead us in thinking through questions like: How should work move through the team for most successful projects? How can we enable the most effective collaboration? How do we review work? How do we measure, learn, and iterate?
- You are responsible for defining our design methodologies, practices, and processes aimed at enabling the team to deliver quality work, removing obstacles, and driving outcomes.
- You are responsible for evolving and iterating on those methodologies and processes as it makes sense to improve the team’s performance and ensure seamless delivery of work.
- Create effective partnership within the broader product organization of product management, engineering, and customer experience aimed at seamless delivery of valuable product features.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to identify customer problems and articulate your solutions through the lens of their pain
- High degree of emotional intelligence
- Ability to connect with a diverse group of people tap into their unique skills to foster growth and enable them to deliver their best work
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Collaborative mindset. You believe that working together effectively is essential to quality delivery
- Experience leading collaboration with strong visual communication skills
- Active listening. You are able to listen deeply, understand many points of view, and synthesize information effectively
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to influence people you don’t directly manage
- User-centered mindset
- Figma expert
- Experience managing/maintaining a design system
- Experience with online whiteboarding/collaboration tools: Miro, Figma Jam, Jamboard, etc
- Can effectively collaborate and plan work in a cross-functional team environment
- Experience synthesizing and presenting research data for different audiences throughout the company
- Enthusiasm, curiosity, and an innovative spirit undaunted by the challenge
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Design (or a related field) or equivalent job experience required
- 5+ years in Product Design (preferably with some experience at a SaaS company) and 2+ years managing people
- Experience evolving and growing a team to meet the needs of the company
- Experience successfully launching new software product(s) as well as working within existing product lines
- A commitment to providing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace
- A team culture that prioritizes people over politics and forward-progress over egos
- A creative, fast-paced, high growth environment
- Competitive salary and health benefits
- 401k matching, student loan repayment matching
- Commuter, internet, or cell phone subsidy
- Generous PTO days – in addition to paid holidays
- Career growth and learning opportunities to add new skills to your resume