About the Role
We seek a Product Designer motivated by the opportunity to learn from an exceptional team and deliver delightful experiences for our customers—a ground floor opportunity in a design-driven company. Join a hyper-collaborative design team and get autonomy, ownership, and significant impact across the entire product. You will evolve our design process, own entire projects, and contribute to the development of a diverse team that champions our users’ voices and ships incredible experiences every day.
This is a role for an individual contributor with a genuine desire to learn from the best, champion our users’ voices, move fast, own decisions, and ship software every day. This person will lead the charge on one of our core Spend Management teams to eliminate busywork and repetitive tasks for finance teams, managers and employees.
What You’ll Do
- Lead design and user experience for significant parts of our core product; contribute to the design process from prioritization through launch
- Work directly with Principal Designers, Product and Engineering leads to transform company strategy into prioritized initiatives in the roadmap and identify the right problems to solve
- Be comfortable with breaking down ambiguous problems, ruthlessly prioritizing the highest impact work, and aligning a cross-functional team around it
- Sweat the details, strive for simplicity, and tie together interconnected projects to make complex tasks approachable
- Be opinionated and leverage a direct line to our customers to get insights. Explore solutions, create prototypes, and dive into user feedback/data to identify points of friction and opportunities for improvement for every initiative.
- Advocate for our users by continuously iterating on and evolving our core products and experiences. Identify areas of improvement and deliver value to customers every day
- Collaborate with the rest of the design team to evolve our long-term product vision, design systems, brand guidelines, and internal design collaboration process
- Participate in day-to-day team rituals like design crit, story creation, weekly stand-ups, etc
- Help us hire more amazing people to grow the design team and bring diverse perspectives to our design process
- Contribute to developing our design internship program, where you will mentor the next generation of product designers
What You Need
- Minimum 2 years of tech/startup or digital product agency experience, or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end (hybrid UX and UI) product design
- Experience working with developers and PMs building and shipping applications or software
- Extraordinary visual design skills and strong understanding of UX principles
- Background in visual/interaction design, UX/UI, branding & identity, and typography
- Experience with low and high-fidelity prototyping
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- A strong understanding of software engineering workflows and principles is encouraged
- The annual salary/OTE range for the target level for this role is $131,750-$155,000 + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k)