As the Product Manager for multiple product modules, you are responsible for creating and executing against a product roadmap that delivers incredible value to our customers. You understand the mission of the products and push forward relentlessly to meet that vision.
You identify customer pain points and needs and plan solutions that will maximize growth by enabling customer acquisition, product adoption, and customer satisfaction. You successfully enable a team to turn the product vision into reality.
- Articulate a vision the product and how the roadmap will deliver user outcomes
- Prioritize features by seeking and leveraging many inputs, sifting through the noise to identify user need and spot opportunity, and prioritize features aligned with company vision.
- Clearly define and document problem statements, user stories, and requirements
- Work collaboratively with the product team to ensure successful delivery of customer outcomes.
- Make decisions and tradeoffs, often with limited information.
Manage application development process, including but not limited to:
- Identifying user problems and opportunities
- Interviewing customers
- Planning new features
- Working with UX and design on optimal solutions
- Technical product planning with the dev team
- Application feature documentation
- Product release management in partnership with CX and marketing
Act as the leader of the product:
- Communicate application plan (roadmap) in a visible way
- Lead cross-functional teams to deliver value to our customers
- Act as the voice of the product for other teams by answering questions, collaborating and partnering with other departments, and participating in product go to market discussions to set the product up for success
While ultimately, we want you to own the vision and plan for the growth of Safety Net, many people contribute to it. Product Management requires leadership by influence and we expect you to be able to successfully partner with many people across the company to deliver an exceptional product to our customers.
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- A user-centered mindset. You have demonstrated ability to gather, synthesize, and represent user needs
- Ability to make difficult prioritization and trade off decisions and effectively communication your approach and rationale
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to influence people you don’t directly manage
- Strong project management skills. You know how to maintain alignment and keep many projects moving forward simultaneously
- Strong internal communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to dig into the root of an issue and ask questions to identify problems
- An analytical mindset
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent job experience required
- 4+ years of experience in product management or related field, preferably at a SaaS company
- Experience working in an agile development environment and ability to thrive in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Knowledge of product life cycle and industry standards for user acceptance testing and quality assurance practices and procedures
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, curiosity, and an innovative spirit with an independent work ethic
- A commitment to providing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace
- A team culture that prioritizes people over politics and forward-progress over egos
- A creative, fast-paced, high growth environment
- Competitive salary and health benefits
- 401k matching, student loan repayment matching
- Commuter, internet, or cell phone subsidy
- Generous PTO days – in addition to paid holidays
- Career growth and learning opportunities to add new skills to your resume