Senior Credit Strategy Analyst
Possible is a venture-backed consumer fintech that has radically reinvented small-dollar loans. We are working to lend in a more affordable and sustainable way to help people improve their financial health. Building on our success, Possible is adding two additional products in the pursuit of making financial services more fair and affordable.
Now in our 4th year, we are pleased to share we have seen serious growth, helped hundreds of thousands of customers, and have a stellar rating (100,000+ people give us an average of 4.8 stars at the app store). Our team has delivered and is making a difference.
Possible is building out a brand new team, the Credit Policy team. This group is charged with managing the credit strategy of the company, determining who is eligible for each of our products, optimizing our line assignment, as well as setting credit related strategies for our existing accounts (fraud rules, portfolio, and line management).
This person will rapidly analyze the outcomes we are seeing with our existing credit strategy, identify areas of opportunity based on observed outcomes, and propose strategies to test to help us gain learnings to drive optimal outcomes for the business and our customers.
- Conduct deep-dive analyses to address key business questions and present them to stakeholders
- Optimize credit strategy to improve approval rates while simultaneously lowering losses
- Identify and evaluate new data sources to improve customer acquisition and fund recovery
- Work holistically across the entire risk management continuum from marketing channel evaluation and pre-approval criteria for existing customers to testing new strategies with the fund recovery team to improve cash collection
- Working with other departments (including marketing, loan operations, finance, etc.) to evaluate new product opportunities and forecast loss performance
- Evolve strategies and pricing recommendations to improve performance as new products scale
- Build and refine existing analytical models to support strategic decision making
- Build dashboards and custom reports to track key metrics, empower other team members with data, and investigate business questions
Qualifications and Skills
- A bachelors degree in a quantitative field (statistics, science, mathematics, or engineering)
- 3-5 years of work experience in analytics, using tools such as R, Python, SQL, Spark
- Prior experience using reporting tools such as Tableau is preferred
- Self-starter with the ability to develop insightful strategies leveraging quantitative analysis, paired with strong critical thinking and sound business judgment
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to set priorities and to work simultaneously on several projects
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience in analyzing large-scale data in both structured and unstructured settings
- Strong communication skills, with particular emphasis on distilling complex ideas into understandable summaries through slides and written memos
We are a fast-growing, fully distributed, FinTech startup that believes financial health is something everyone deserves, not just the affluent. We’re committed to empowering the underserved with tools to better their economic situation. We promise to be transparent, serve with kindness, be responsible, and hold ourselves accountable for crafting positive change. Possible is backed by leading investors such as Union Square Ventures, Canvas Ventures, and FJ Labs.
Possible is fully distributed and has team members across the US and in Asia and Latin America. Our primary coordination hours are 9a to 3p Pacific Time.
Benefits (for US-based employees):
Joining an early-stage, venture-backed company does not mean you will sacrifice benefits. We offer excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage and pay 85% of employee premiums and 50% of eligible dependent premiums. We also offer childcare and healthcare FSAs; life and disability (short- and long-term) insurance; an Employee Assistant Program; and a 401(k) plan.
Diverse, Equitable, & Inclusive Work Environment:
Possible Finance values inclusion and believes diversity at all levels is the best way for us to accomplish our mission. We aspire to be among the industry’s most inclusive work environments and are a proud equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of any status protected under federal, state, or local law.