Senior Product Manager
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people! Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our Experience Platform team. Our team is responsible for delivering transformative technology to create the highest-quality experience for our patients and clinicians, meet the needs of our business operations teams, and achieve the best financial outcomes for the company. We use contemporary human centered design, artificial intelligence, and scalable engineering methods to enable us to scale with the exponential growth of our business.
The individual in this role will serve as the champion for our business operations teams and will define and execute on a roadmap focused on delivering operational excellence. They will be responsible for the full product lifecycle from strategy to design, execution, tracking, and iteration.
What you’ll do:
- Own and deliver upon a product roadmap focused on dramatically scaling and automating core business operations processes, with the explicit goal of decreasing operational expenditure and increasing revenue
- Partner closely with a variety of stakeholders including billing, customer support, managed care, finance, and legal to identify and prioritize opportunities, define requirements, create product roadmaps, and incorporate feedback through regular review and iteration
- Work side-by-side with data science, design, and engineering through planning, development, testing, release, and maintenance to ensure quality and successful delivery
- Manage the product backlog, including grooming and prioritization of user stories
- Ensure smooth release of new products and features by communicating changes to a variety of audiences, coordinating internal training, and leveraging A/B tests or beta launches where appropriate.
- Define and monitor key metrics for tracking program success as well as overall product health. Adjust strategy based on key findings as needed.
- Continuously assess and manage risks, with timely utilization of escalation paths when appropriate
What you bring:
- 5+ years of product development experience
- Demonstrated experience working with design, data science, operations, and engineering teams to define, scope, and prioritize product requirements
- Detailed written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present sophisticated information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, make recommendations, and drive action.
- Experience leading all aspects of roadmap strategy and definition
- Skilled at operating in a highly ambiguous environment where most things have to be flushed out and/or built from scratch
- Big-picture vision as well as the drive and attention to detail to transform that vision into reality
- Creative problem-solving skills, organization, attention to detail and critical thinking abilities
- Domain knowledge in medical genetics, other diagnostics, and/or medical billing
- Experience in Agile/Scrum/Kanban development environments
- Experience implementing decision support and/or workflow management software
Please apply even if you don’t meet all of the “What you bring” requirements noted. It’s rare that someone checks every single item, it’s ok, we encourage you to apply anyways.