Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who has experience creating elegant technical solutions and writing modular, clean code. This role will have a great deal of autonomy with respect to how they go about solving problems and satisfying the requirements from various business stakeholders.
Strong candidates should have experience interfacing directly with members of the product team. Additionally, candidates should be comfortable in communicating cross-functionally. Your primary focus will be developing customizations, extensions, and various integrations for the e-commerce platform that is the foundation of our entire digital business.
This is an opportunity to tackle problems at scale in greenfield projects that have healthy funding, high visibility, and immense impact for our customers and internal stakeholders. Reporting to the Director of Platform, you will work with an immense amount of data in a fast-paced and high-energy environment where system performance matters.
You will have opportunities to advocate for improvements in quality, security, performance, and other various domains for our entire technology portfolio as we experience a once-in-a-generation hyper-growth period.
How often do you get to make technical decisions based primarily on value-add instead of being cost-centric? Here at AG, that strategic approach is a fundamental component of our technology organization and how we conduct ourselves.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for implementing enhancements and customizations to our digital e-commerce platform. The software you create will impact millions of customers, hundreds of thousands of subscribers, and be operating at a scale that is both challenging and rewarding.
- Drive technical projects to success and provide leadership in a fast-paced startup environment
- You will build high quality, maintainable software that will grow with the company as we enter an exciting high-growth period for the company
- Determine operational feasibility by performing research on and analysis of various components within e-commerce digital platform and, thereby, able to propose various improvements/solutions while highlighting concerns and/or roadblocks
- Possess a solid understanding of Comp Sci fundamentals such as, but not limited to:
- Data Structures
- Operating Systems
- File Systems
- Information Storage & Retrieval
- Cloud Computing
- Source Control
- Willing to produce/maintain technical documentation related to technology developed in house and existing operational components of e-commerce platform
- Provide technical product direction for projects that are customer facing
- Solve technical problems of moderate scope and complexity
- Help deliver new features and products to our users and subscribers on a sprint-by-sprint basis and help promote a culture of engineering excellence
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- B.S. in Computer Science from an ABET-accredited institution
- Similar experience and proficiency with one or more “modern” frameworks such as Spring, AIOHTTP, Gin, React, etc.
- Proficient using Git
- Familiar with one or more modern SDLC methodologies such as Agile, Lean, or the like and the tools to manage software deliverables such as Jira, GitLab, etc.
- Experience working on a subscription-based platform preferred
- Demonstrable history of working cross-functionally with internal teams, stakeholders, and business partners
- A strong desire to display ownership of one’s own work and an interest in “getting your hands dirty” when it comes to technical details
- Ambition to challenge the status quo
- Possesses an appetite to learn, improve, and grow as a member of a talented, high- performing team
- Capable of giving and receiving feedback in the spirit of openness and transparency
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- A 100% remote working environment, which has been implemented from day one.
- An immensely strong company culture that is enforced through the hiring process ensures values alignment and a highly collaborative team.
- 90% premium coverage for top medical, dental and vision plans.
- A mission-driven approach to each and everything that we do, with an overall goal to significantly improve our customer’s health and wellness.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave to allow you to spend time with your new family.
- Top of the market salary and performance incentive structure with “blue sky” upside potential.
- A monthly fitness class credit to support you on your health and fitness journey.
- Annual company-wide retreats and quarterly department-wide meetups (COVID permitting).
- A 401k plan with company-matching because life is an opportunity, and we care about your future.
- Paid holidays and an unlimited vacation policy to ensure you have a healthy work-life balance.
- The opportunity to work with passionate, high-growth, business-minded colleagues who bring their all to the Athletic Greens mission every day.
- A brand-new company laptop and a generous home-office budget so you can work your best.