Senior Software Engineer
As a Senior Software Engineer, you are responsible for designing complex features and implementing architectural enhancements while also improving existing design patterns and maintaining existing integrations to ensure a high level of availability and data integrity.
You will be responsible to think at a system level to understand dependencies and implement solutions that bring major customer facing enhancements to the Foureyes suite of products. As a Senior Software Engineer you’ll contribute to all aspects of the software development life cycle and take features from ideation through deployment while keeping all stakeholders and developers aware of progress and status.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for:
- Balancing a combination of innovation and new feature development with the maintenance of existing technology.
- Acting as a technical leader for the products you support
- Driving continual improvement in the products, code, processes, and team.
- Advocating for the needs of the product and team (including features, tech debt management, and resourcing)
- Partnering with the architecture team on major system overhauls and designs
- Working collaboratively to develop robust requirements and project plans that can be implemented by you, your team members, or peer teams.
- Mentoring more junior developers (focused on technical growth, understanding business context, prioritization)
- Identifying and resolving bottlenecks
- Partnering with other developers to increase alignment across Foureyes
- Maintaining technical documentation/resources on the system for training/educating other team members
You are our ideal Senior Software Engineer if:
- You have an extensive understanding of applicable programming languages
- You are a problem solver. You can understand the full scope of a problem and build a solution that addresses the need from start to finish, and you can communicate your solution to get buy-in from stakeholders.
- You’re detail oriented.
- You care about code quality. Our Software Engineers work as a team, and you take pride in writing code that other people love to work in.
- You get things done. You don’t just solve problems. You find new ones and solve those too.
Education & Experience
- Strong academic record or demonstration of relevant experience. (CS degree preferred but not required).
- At least 5 years of professional software development experience.Bonus if you’ve led small teams before or have experience mentoring junior developers.
- Experience designing new systems.
- Experience working within existing code bases.
- Experience driving and maintaining the design and architecture of large and complex applications.
- Experience with cloud services and their associated APIs.
- Experience with version control software, more specifically Git.
- A commitment to providing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace
- A team culture that prioritizes people over politics and forward-progress over egos
- A creative, fast-paced, high growth environment
- Competitive salary and health benefits
- 401k matching, student loan repayment matching
- Commuter, internet, or cell phone subsidy
- Generous PTO days – in addition to paid holidays
- Career growth and learning opportunities to add new skills to your resume