Cyber Security Engineer
WHO IS EAGLEVIEW?
EagleView is a highly innovative technology company, that has been the leader in aerial imagery for the past 17 years! We use cutting-edge data analytics, machine learning, and AI to serve our clients in the insurance, energy, construction, real estate, and government markets. EagleView has been a “Best Place to Work” for more than five years running. Talk to a recruiter and discover why!
- Handle day-to-day implementation, monitoring and operational support of hardware, software, customer applications, managed solutions, and service provider relationships
- Actively participate and lead security team meetings that facilitate secure design. Participate in Change management process as required
- Engage in information security projects that evaluate existing security infrastructure and propose changes as defined by security leadership and architects. Additionally, deliver projects on time, within budget and in accordance with service level agreements (SLAs)
- Assist with incident response and system stability issues as they occur. This may include involvement outside of regular work hours, and responsiveness is expected
- Work alongside SOC, IR, IT and Application Development teams
- Performing security assessments of our cloud and on-premises based infrastructure
- Participate in efforts to promote security throughout EagleView
- Ability to find and fix flaws in existing company systems and sites
- Maintaining knowledge and skills to keep up with the rapidly changing threat landscape
Skills & Requirements
Required Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in a software development company is preferred.
- Operational knowledge of Windows, Linux and MacOS
- At least 5 years’ experience in network security or security engineering
- Knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques
- Experience in diagnosing and preventing cyber-attacks
- Knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
- Knowledge of security of cloud services and applications
- Excellence in communicating business risk from cybersecurity issues
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external departments, vendors, and other key stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work independently, self-starter
- Capacity and tolerance for extreme context switching and interruptions while remaining productive and able to provide effective, safe guidance
- Track record of acting with integrity, taking pride in work, seeking to excel, being curious and adaptable, and communicating effectively.
- Experience configuring, hardening, and maintaining Linux and Windows server operating systems, and following security engineering fundamentals such as NIST 800-160
Desired Skills and Experience:
- DevOps knowledge
- Knowledge of traditional security controls and technologies, such as Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems, intrusion detection/prevention systems (IDS/IPS), public key infrastructure (PKI), identity and access management (IAM) systems, antivirus and firewalls, endpoint detection and response (EDR), threat intelligence platforms, security automation and orchestration, deception technologies and application controls
- Experience with attacks and mitigation methods. Secure network design, web application and browser security, security best practices with iOS and Android, authentication, and access control, applied cryptography and security protocols, security monitoring and intrusion detection, incident response and forensics, and development of security tools, automation, or frameworks
Education, Training, and/or Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, or Information Technology, and/or 4-6 years of related experience
- One or more similar certifications a plus: CCSP, CCSK, GSEC, GWAPT, or CISSP