Principal Security Engineer
At Anitian we believe security can be a force for good. As such, we are on a mission to make security and compliance easy for all. We harness the power and scale of the cloud to empower developers with automated, accelerated, autonomous, and accommodating security technologies.
Anitian is a place where smart people get to be smart. When you join our team, you will enjoy a workplace of creative problem solvers who cherish intelligence, compassion, and boldness. You will also enjoy the immediate respect of industry peers, as Anitian is recognized as a thought leader in information security.
The Principal Engineer is a key role – expected to fluidly interface directly with multiple stakeholders, including executives, staff, and adjacent department members, both internally and client-facing.
The role requires agility to assist and triage issues ranging from sales/marketing questions, collaborating with Program Managers to ensure multi-tiered projects run smoothly, and direct Security Engineering assistance. Most importantly, this role requires a sound technical strategy and persistent execution against long-term goals which are defined by you and leadership.
- Six + years of engineering experience in public cloud systems, network, and hardening complex security infrastructure.
- Five years of experience working in public cloud environments, such as AWS or Azure.
- Proven ability to leverage automation to create tooling and utilities to help scale
- Proven ability to establish technical leadership
- You have deep and broad cloud infrastructure security experience and you are constantly thinking about ways to implement improvements to security operations
- You have working expertise in all common components of least one public cloud, preferably AWS
- You are independent, and identify “high leverage” work and execute against it without being asked
- You write clean, readable, maintainable software in Python or another scripting language
- You have operations experience running production software, operating a large cloud application and/or infrastructure deployment, and creating, tuning alert thresholds, and triaging alerts
- You work well with other people and actively coach junior members of the team, effectively interacting with your internal customers and stakeholders.
- You are curious, and you are not afraid to learn and embrace, or recommend new security technologies
- You have deep knowledge of what a clean-running SIEM looks like and can set the direction for the team to prune false positives and elevate actionable, customer-impacting alerts
- You work diligently with engineering teams and frequently log high value backlog items and champion the right priorities.
- Display effective time and ticket management and influence others through leading by example
Additionally, the perfect candidate will have:
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Agile and/or other modern project management structures
- Awareness of compliance structures such as PCI, HIPAA, or FedRAMP
- Ability to adapt to constantly changing technology landscape
- Effective ability to understand and implement complex systems
- Strong time management skills and ability to determine priorities
- Professional and positive attitude – understand the importance of mutual respect between teams