Senior Technical Recruiter
Possible is a venture-backed consumer fintech that has radically reinvented small-dollar loans. We are working to lend in a more affordable and sustainable way to help people improve their financial health. Building on our success, Possible is adding two additional products in the pursuit of making financial services more fair and affordable.
Now in our 4th year, we are pleased to share we have seen serious growth, helped hundreds of thousands of customers, and have a stellar rating (100,000+ people give us an average of 4.8 stars at the app store). Our team has delivered and is making a difference.
Do you have a passion for building premier teams? Ready to build a company from the ground floor? Is a quality recruiting experience critical to you? Do you love all aspects of recruiting and want your work to make an impact at the company you support and with the product your team builds? If so, this is the role you’ve been dreaming about!
We have a multifaceted Talent Acquisition team with excellent hiring partners across the company. We are building and scaling the function while finding the talent. You will find everyone interested and ready to support your success in getting the best talent for the company. We don’t just believe, we know and understand, People are our most meaningful asset.
The Senior Technical Recruiter will lead the entire hiring process and will work directly with our business leaders, at all levels, to achieve our hiring goals. They will be the advocate for quality and superb hiring experience. And have the ability to do all aspects of the recruiting function from sourcing to onboarding, to coaching and mentoring, and through the implementation of their strategic thinking.
- Facilitates, and implements all phases of the recruitment process for technical roles
- Collaborates with department managers to identify and draft detailed and accurate job descriptions and hiring criteria
- Identifies and implements efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the available role, industry standards, and the needs of the organization
- Screens applications and selects qualified candidates
- Collaborates with the hiring manager and/or other human resource staff during the offer process, identifying and recommending salary ranges, incentives, start dates, and other pertinent details
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies
- Assists with job posting and advertisement processes
- Schedules interviews; oversees the preparation of interview questions and other hiring and selection materials
- Assists with the interview process, attending and conducting interviews with managers, directors, and other stakeholders
- Performs other duties as assigned
- At least five years of managing all phases of the recruitment and hiring process
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent work experience, required
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred. SHRMs Talent Acquisition Specialty Credential a plus
- Ability to create and implement sourcing strategies for recruitment for a variety of technical roles
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with good negotiation tactics
- Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn applicant-tracking software or other recruitment systems
- Proficient with productivity tools like Notion, Slack, and the Google Suite
The successful candidate will demonstrate deep experience and skills in the following areas:
- In-house corporate staffing
- Expertise in Technical Recruiting
- Ability to source, pitch, and secure qualified talent
- Ability to filter, qualify, interview, and close the same talent
- Cross group collaboration
- Comfort with office automation and recruiting tools
- Be data-driven
We are a fast-growing, fully distributed, FinTech startup that believes financial health is something everyone deserves, not just the affluent. We’re committed to empowering the underserved with tools to better their economic situation. We promise to be transparent, serve with kindness, be responsible, and hold ourselves accountable for crafting positive change. Possible is backed by leading investors such as Union Square Ventures, Canvas Ventures, and FJ Labs.
Possible is fully distributed and has team members across the US and in Asia and Latin America. Our primary coordination hours are 9a to 3p Pacific Time.
Benefits (for US-based employees):
Joining an early-stage, venture-backed company does not mean you will sacrifice benefits. We offer excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage and pay 85% of employee premiums and 50% of eligible dependent premiums. We also offer childcare and healthcare FSAs; life and disability (short- and long-term) insurance; an Employee Assistant Program; and a 401(k) plan.
Diverse, Equitable, & Inclusive Work Environment:
Possible Finance values inclusion and believes diversity at all levels is the best way for us to accomplish our mission. We aspire to be among the industry’s most inclusive work environments and are a proud equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of any status protected under federal, state, or local law.