Director - Internal Audit Technology
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our nearly 3 million members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront.
We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
SoFi is seeking a Director, Internal Audit Technology to join the SoFi Internal Audit Department, reporting to the Chief Internal Auditor. You will be conducting audits and reviews of various areas related to SoFi and its subsidiaries with a focus on Information Technology, Information and Cyber Security, Privacy, and Engineering. This is a hands-on audit role with primary responsibility for overseeing the planning, execution, and reporting of Technology audits and also completing integrated IT-related testing of processes and controls. You will also assist in performing audit risk assessments and developing audit objectives and procedures.
What you’ll do:
- Supervise and perform multiple audit activities and projects to support the successful achievement of the department’s goals and objectives.
- Oversee and participate in the planning, execution, and reporting of audits, including the scope, quality, and timeliness of work performed.
- Supervise, review, and manage the work of others, including assigned internal staff and co-sourced resources, by following and enforcing audit policy, standards, and procedures.
- Adequately informs the Chief Internal Auditor, IA Staff, and clients of audit progress and potentially significant issues in a timely manner.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with clients, business management, regulators, and other stakeholders.
- Interface with regulators on internal audit matters during the normal course of various examinations.
- Manage issue follow-up and confirm effective implementation of remediation plans.
- Participate in the annual risk assessment and audit plan development process, and continuous monitoring activities.
- Prioritize daily responsibilities and prepare routine project status reports, as requested.
- Maintain audit independence and objectivity in all assignments, and adhere to all organizational and professional ethics standards.
- Oversee IT related audits including information systems, platforms, and operating procedures
- Serve as a technical IT subject matter resource for IA and its clients.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in an IT-related field or equivalent experience.
- 15+ years of technology experience with a focus on Internal Audit, Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC), Information Technology, or related experience.
- IT Audit or IT Risk Management experience in the financial services industry is highly preferred.
- Experience in a regulated environment with consumer financial product
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or equivalent designation is required. Other relevant certifications or industry accreditation preferred (e.g., CIA, CPA, CISSP, CRISC, etc.).
- Strong understanding of security frameworks (ISO, COBIT, etc.)
- Strong understanding of internal control concepts, IIA standards, risk assessment practices, and the COSO risk management framework.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and experience preparing audit workpapers, issues, reports, and management presentations.
- Understanding of information security standards, better practices for securing computer systems, and applicable laws and regulations
- Understanding of network operating systems, application controls, networking equipment such as firewalls and routers, and security technologies and utilities including encryption, anti-virus, intrusion prevention, and logging.
- Ability to work independently with limited daily supervision while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity, manage and coordinate multiple project assignments, and deliver on commitments.
- The following are a plus:
- Payments, FinTech, and Startup experience
- AWS role-based and specialty certifications
- Data analysis competency using data mining and visualization techniques (Alteryx, Tableau, SAS, SQL, R, Python)
- Familiarity with the FFIEC examination procedures
Why you’ll love working here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
- Employer paid lunch program (except for remote employees)
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks and drinks)