Director of Legal Recruiting & Placement
Latitude is seeking a Director of Legal Recruiting & Placement for the company’s Nashville office. This is a rare opportunity to leverage your experience practicing law and knowledge of the legal industry without billing time in six-minute increments.
Help in-house counsel, BigLaw attorneys, paralegals and legal operations professionals find satisfying, engaging and often life-changing positions – without pulling any more all-nighters.
We are a team of high-performing, former lawyers who have chosen to use our legal know-how for good by supporting the whole-person success and wellness of our peers in the legal industry. If you are a lawyer with a positive, can-do attitude looking for an exit ramp off the traditional law firm or in-house career path, we’d like to meet you.
Applicants must communicate well (in person and in writing) and have a genuine curiosity for what makes others tick and thrive. If you are looking to make the switch over to the business side of legal services and want a job full of meaning and happy clients, then this could be your dream job.
- Source, recruit and screen experienced attorney and paralegal candidates for in-house counsel and law firm contract engagements and permanent positions with leading companies and corporate law firms.
- Thoroughly interview promising candidates to ascertain their career goals and objectives.
- Communicate with references to ascertain candidates’ strengths and weaknesses.
- Effectively present (both orally and in writing) proposed candidates to in-house counsel and law firm partner clients.
- Onboard and manage Latitude attorneys and paralegals on engagement.
- Develop and nurture a candidate referral network to enable a consistent stream of qualified candidates in and outside of Nashville area (including through the use of networking, associations, CLE, training, marketing, social media, on-line tools, etc.)
- Coordinate events for prospective and existing Latitude attorneys and paralegals (e.g. CLEs, social events, etc.).
- Create and maintain accurate candidate files in company’s electronic Client Management System (CMS).
- Negotiate innovative and highly customized staffing solutions and draft necessary deal documents.
- Work as part of an energetic, service-oriented, highly communicative, cohesive, collaborative, supportive, fun and sometimes funny team.
- Minimum of four years of successful experience as a practicing attorney, preferably in a mid-to-large corporate law firm or in-house setting.
- Ability to quickly build rapport with experienced lawyer candidates and clients.
- Ability to effectively use social media, online recruiting tools and in-person networking to source new candidates and market open positions.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills and ability to perform effectively without close supervision or micro-management.
- Service-minded approach and strong client-service skills, including the ability to communicate (both orally and in writing) at a high level with sophisticated law firm and corporate legal department attorneys.
- Highly dedicated, dependable, detail-oriented, capable of using document management and database management software programs, highly discreet, high-integrity and a team player with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Ability to identify priorities and pivot or adjust focus/work as appropriate.
- Willingness to be part of a collaborative and supportive team that helps one another out and plays nice.
- Proficiency in tech-based platforms (i.e. online research and networking platforms/tools, CMS, LinkedIn, Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, etc.)
- This is a full-time position that offers a flexible, work-from-home schedule, but which also includes occasional in-person meetings and participation in social/professional activities after traditional business hours (e.g. bar association events, meetings in clients’ offices, breakfasts/coffees/lunches/dinners with candidates or other team members, etc.).
- Given the client-service nature of our business, we are expected to respond to our clients in a timely manner. All of us are expected to communicate with team members, candidates, clients or others as needed, including sometimes responding to emails during evenings and on weekends – though we try to keep this to a minimum.
- We work hard, act professionally, laugh a lot, have each other’s back, take vacations and change the lives of our clients (and the legal profession as a whole) one placement at a time.
- Compensation is comprised of a base salary plus bonus; full benefits (e.g., group medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, life, AD&D, 401k, CLE reimbursement, etc.).