Engineering Manager - API
We’re looking for a Software Engineering Manager to manage one of our member Platform API teams. As an API-focused platform this team is building REST API’s to provide the foundation on which our company is powered, and will be responsible for creating a single interface into all of Recharge’s data.
Our stack includes: Python, Flask, Jinja, Docker, GCP, Terraform, Ansible, Memcached, Nginx,
serverless backend services
What you’ll do
- Live by and champion our values: #day-one, #ownership, #empathy, #humility.
- Manage a first-class engineering team that will scale as the company and business grows, identifying and filling any team gaps.
- Develop a team-oriented, supportive culture with a strong focus on creating a working environment that fosters collaboration, open communication and delivering outcomes.
- Be responsible for Platform API team output and hands on day-to-day writing and reviewing code.
- Constantly improve team productivity, refine processes, and create methods to increase efficiency.
- Investigate, analyze, and evangelize programming methodologies such as test-driven development, pair programming, etc.
- Perform personnel management tasks for a team of developers, including performance reviews, compliance with company policies, mentoring, and helping plan career growth.
- Train new software engineers on our best practices, standards, culture, and policies.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering Director and VP of Engineering in setting roadmap and priorities to ensure deliverables are met as well as raising concerns identified early on.
- Champion good habits (development techniques, security, tech debt balance, TDD, and agile habits) within your team; improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Encourage active participation in all phases of the project lifecycle, and work with project management to remove impediments and provide visibility to stakeholders.
- Willingness to be a player-coach and lead product initiatives with an engineering team.
What you’ll bring
- Typically, 8+ years of relevant engineering experience in fast paced environments
- 4+ years experience managing development teams, preferably with distributed teams
- 3+ years prior experience programming in at least one OO language (python preferred)
- 3+ years experience with RESTful API’s
- 2+ years experience in cloud-native environments such as GCP, AWS, or Azure
- Track record of meeting schedules on time; clearly defining deliverables and timetables, with demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities in complex environments and manage teams to successful project completion
- Demonstrated ability as an effective mentor and coach who understands how to successfully integrate into a team of talented developers
- Exceptional analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work remote-first in a rapidly scaling organization