Legal Operations, Systems and Business Process Manager
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to continuously improve.
This role will report to the Director of Legal, Government Relations, Compliance and Ethics Operations. In this role, you will join the Legal Operations team in assessing, implementing and maintaining our legal systems while assisting with the development and delivery of our Digital Transformation roadmap.
Together we will increase efficiency within existing technologies, streamline our processes, and weave innovation and actionable analytics throughout our initiatives. You will have the opportunity to provide business support and improve processes, tools, and technologies while working cross-functionally with Legal, IT-Legal, Product, Finance, Procurement, as well as collaborating with third-party vendors.
What you get to do in this role:
- Provide the lead execution role for Legal Operations relating to systems management
- Help develop, implement, and support systems, technology and ways of working including managing the portfolio of tools, applications, and systems used by the Legal Department, including SharePoint, e-billing, SURF, Apttus, DocuSign/Insight, eDiscovery, and compliance tools and systems
- Assist with assessments, integrations, enhancements, and maintenance with various Legal, Finance, and Procurement systems
- Prepare business requirement documents and assist with development of functional requirements for various digital transformation initiatives
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to manage technical issues as they arise including emerging incidents and escalations
- Draft and groom stories and epics, create process flow charts, mock-ups and business requirement documents
- Work with Legal Change Management and Enablement team to create demo videos, prepare enablement materials, hold enablement sessions, and assess feedback loop for current enhancements and new implementations
- Assist with creation, maintenance, evolution and analysis of system dashboards and trend reports to help guide data-driven business decisions
- Liaise with cross-functional teams and Legal’s business partners providing legal systems and process SME experience on behalf of the legal team
- Collaborate closely with global IT, Legal, Product, and Engineering teams on Legal-related projects, and liaise with the Product team to co-innovate on ServiceNow applications
- Assist with strategic planning of law department technical and digital transformation roadmap
- Lead and contribute to system assessment, implementation, management, and change management for specific programs, as and when they arise
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 5-7 years of experience in a related position such as legal operations, paralegal or IT operations focused on system implementation and management
- Experience working with databases and the movement of information across a series of applications (manually and/or via APIs)
- 3+ years of experience supporting end-to-end motion of system lifecycles
- 3+ years of experience analyzing data and using data analysis tools and techniques
- Excellent communication and writing skills including a depth of experience in technical drafting, user story development, agile methodology, process mapping, data quality assurance, and report development across the legal technology ecosystem
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment across several different work streams
- Must be able to successfully work cross-functionally on complex transformations with competing ideas.
- Comfortable presenting to senior leadership and in front of large groups
- Ability to balance short-term goals with long-term strategies
- Must be a team player: teamwork makes the dream work!
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer-centric attitude,
- Embrace and encourage a culturally diverse corporate and team culture
- PMP certification is preferred