Principal Product Designer - Cloud Platform
What You’ll Do
You’re passionate about design details and think in systems, not just screens. You understand the importance of both interaction and visual design finesse and think big picture. You are detail-oriented, understand pixel perfection, have a growth mindset and work independently under tight deadlines.
You will take a systems-mindset to build and integrate consistent, efficient designs (and distill them to appropriate components) across the HashiCorp product portfolio. Your emphasis will be on the complete systems life-cycle, from establishing a practice and vision that endures designing, building, documenting, and maintaining a library used by many product teams.
Your Roadmap to Success
Your First 30-Days
Learn the ins and outs of HashiCorp Design, become familiar with our platform initiatives, and start partnering with your engineering and product teams.
This may include:
- New hire onboarding
- Become familiar with HashiCorp’s design tools and processes
- Review existing designs, including familiarizing yourself with our design system
- Take Cloud tutorials, deploy sample applications, and understand our status quo, including known design challenges.
- Review existing research and understand our personas
- Review roadmaps and plans with other technical leaders
- Deliver and review design system work with peers and stakeholders
- Present the system’s mission, library, and process to other groups, including product managers, content specialists, QA, and other design and development teams throughout the enterprise.
- Lead the visual direction of all HashiCorp experiences, with input from director-level peers of product design and development teams.
- Create delightful and clear illustrations for complex concepts and systems.
- Relay system progress regularly to primary director leads and executive/VP-level sponsors.
- Review systems’ implementation for editorial quality, consistency, and usefulness.
- Conduct quarterly reviews with design system stakeholders to identify successes, challenges, perspectives, and preferences.
- Identify and nurture team growth and culture, identifying opportunities for team members to drive and lead system aspects.