Senior Data Product Manager
DomainTools creates enterprise-grade cybersecurity products used by Fortune 500 companies and government agencies globally. We focus on supporting Internet safety through our ongoing work in infrastructure mapping and threat identification, driving cybersecurity forward while striving to make the Internet a better place.
DomainTools is looking for a Senior Product Manager to join its Product team. Data is the backbone of DomainTools’ products, and this role will be responsible for growing and refining the data products that drive our threat intelligence solutions.
This is a strategic role for the company that has a high impact on the company’s success, and has a great deal of visibility both inside and outside the company. The ideal candidate is a strong leader and successful product manager with experience in delivering products based on data gathering and big-data analysis, as well as a track record of delivering innovative products that derive new insights through data enrichment.
If you want to make a big impact in a fun, established company with a startup-like environment, and if you love data and have strong product management skills, DomainTools is the place to be!
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Data products owner – Collaborate with prospective customers to understand and anticipate their needs and translate them into data product requirements. Define and own the roadmaps for DomainTools’ data products: our passive DNS data offerings, our data APIs, and our feed products. Manage the data products backlogs and prioritize items based on evolving market conditions. Oversee all stages of data product creation including design, development, and customer validation. Develop user stories. Monitor and evaluate product progress at each stage of the process. Sync with the product team and end-users to deliver updates. Lead Agile/Scrum meetings and product sprints, proficient with planning and analytics tools to support product owner needs
- Data strategy contributor – Work with our Chief Architect, our research team, and others, to determine what data sets we require for future success to support value-delivery across the entire DomainTools product set. Collaborate with Architecture and Engineering teams to ensure that data collection, storage, architecture, processing, and analysis supports consistent, rapid data delivery and ensures scalability.
- Customer-focused planner – Meet with customers to understand their needs and aspirations, understand how they use our products, and champion their causes inside and outside the company.
- Market intelligence expert – Understand trends in the security market and the business dynamics of the data we collect and deliver, as well as potential partnerships and integrations we should consider. Understand key competitors and adjacent companies to gauge the market landscape and assess how data is being used throughout the security industry to deliver value to customers, identifying gaps in the market and DomainTools’ differentiators.
- Community communicator – Evangelize the data we gather and the intelligence we deliver, partner with marketing on launches of new features and data integrations, training events, customer outreach, and other events. Participate in webinars and podcasts, write blogs, present at public events, and more. Attend security community events and meetings and participate in online conversions around threat intelligence and cybersecurity.
- Team player – Partner closely with others on the product team, engineering, research and development, marketing, sales, account management, and other organizations. Collaborate with the Product team to ensure consistency across solutions wherever possible. Perform other job duties as required.
- Minimum 5 years in security or data-related product management, delivering data-driven analytics and products
- Agile (kanban/scrum) development experience as Product Owner
- Demonstrated expertise in supporting projects involving REST APIs, data collection, architecture, systems, and requirements design, including data lake implementation
- Leadership experience on products leveraging data warehousing, data science, and Big Data technologies
- Experience working with UX, engineering, research and development, product marketing, sales, support, and customer success teams
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with colleagues, cross-functional teams, and third party organizations
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Strong public speaking skills
- Willingness to accommodate core hours that overlap at least 9am-3pm US Pacific time
- Experience in cybersecurity investigations, threat hunting, incident response, or related activities
- Experience working with threat intelligence products and related technologies
- Familiarity with Whois, DNS (including passive DNS), TLS/SSL certificates, BGP, web crawl data; their collection and use
- Experience with real-time data-oriented products or services
- Experience with predictive analytics and machine-learning-based products and services
- Solid understanding of the security market and modern security architectures
- Experience with cloud hybrid data strategies, AWS preferred
DomainTools is the leader in domain name, DNS and Internet OSINT-based cyber threat intelligence and cybercrime forensics products and data. With over 15 years of domain name, DNS and related ‘cyber fingerprint’ data across the Internet, DomainTools helps companies assess security threat risks, profile attackers, investigate online fraud and crimes, and map cyber activity in order to stop attacks.
Our customers include many Fortune 500 companies, including leaders in Internet technology, banking, consumer products, manufacturing and government. We are located in Downtown Seattle (but you can stay remote indefinitely) in a very cool office staffed with smart and energetic co-workers. We provide great benefits such as fully paid premiums on medical plans for employees, pet insurance, unlimited PTO, and flexible scheduling to name a few.
DomainTools embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion to its fullest as an equal opportunity employer. We build our teams so creativity and innovation can flourish. We believe inclusivity and equity fosters innovation and growth; and we harness this mindset to drive a culture that serves our employees and our customers.
We encourage people of all backgrounds, ages, perspectives, and skill sets to apply; and do not discriminate based on age, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.