Senior Software Engineer
DomainTools is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our backend team. We want you to facilitate, research, develop and deliver cutting edge techniques in workflow management, stream, and real time messaging to ensure services interoperability, increase consistency, and improve the lives of your coworkers every day.
Our team’s vision is to create a self-service, GitOps driven, developer-centric platform that allows for continuous integration and deployment of our world class security applications to our hybrid AWS environment. We are curating a list of best in class tools while building what is missing to make getting our jobs done easier and deliver exemplary developer tooling.
Work closely with small, highly collaborative Operations and Development teams to architect and deploy high impact security solutions. As a Senior member of the team, you can provide technical leadership, evangelize DevOps culture and demonstrate best practices including observability / metrics and security.
Do you have a passion for building a shared platform, cloud native software, design patterns and a bias to action? Do you believe in and practice DevOps philosophy and are excited about the security space? Don’t miss out, contact us for more information!
- Design, code and maintain web-scale data gathering, processing and delivery systems
- Discover, analyze and validate new data sets to add value for our customers
- Creative problem solving to necessarily complex systems
- Research and employ cutting edge techniques & technologies
- Provide code reviews, design feedback, demos, technical requirements & documentation
- Scope projects, provide accurate estimates for reliable delivery of projects
- Accelerate engineering productivity, reduce operational toil, increase consistency, and improve the lives of your coworkers every day
- Provide technical leadership and mentor junior engineers
Key Applicant Qualifications
- Professional development experience using Python, GoLang or equivalent languages: 5+ years
- Cloud infrastructure experience in AWS, Docker and Kubernetes: 3+ years
- Web-scale data engineering experience using MySQL, NoSQL, Hive, Spark: 3+ years
- Linux/Unix experience: 5+ years
- Positive attitude
- High Initiative
- History of productivity, contributing value to the business
- Attention to detail & high quality results
- Influential at all levels with excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to coordinate between teams
- Believe in and practice DevOps philosophy
- Excited about security space!
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science/related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with data mining or machine learning techniques
- Experience with vast array of text codec and encoding
- Design, implementation and/or maintenance of CICD & microservices
- Bash, Scala, C, or R development experience
- Familiarity with front end development
- Experience in Data Pipelines such as Kafka, NATS or Apache Airflow
- Experience with serverless technology such as Amazon Lambda or Google Compute Engine
DomainTools is the leader in domain name, DNS and Internet OSINT-based cyber threat intelligence and cybercrime forensics products and data. With over 15 years of domain name, DNS and related ‘cyber fingerprint’ data across the Internet, DomainTools helps companies assess security threat risks, profile attackers, investigate online fraud and crimes, and map cyber activity in order to stop attacks.
Our customers include many Fortune 500 companies, including leaders in Internet technology, banking, consumer products, manufacturing and government. We are located in Downtown Seattle (but you can stay remote indefinitely) in a very cool office staffed with smart and energetic co-workers. We provide great benefits such as fully paid premiums on medical plans for employees, pet insurance, unlimited PTO, and flexible scheduling to name a few.
DomainTools embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion to its fullest as an equal opportunity employer. We build our teams so creativity and innovation can flourish. We believe inclusivity and equity fosters innovation and growth; and we harness this mindset to drive a culture that serves our employees and our customers.
We encourage people of all backgrounds, ages, perspectives, and skill sets to apply; and do not discriminate based on age, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.