The Dyrt is the largest digital camping platform in the world. Every second, a new user visits The Dyrt to access our community-driven campground information.
If you love the outdoors and want to be part of a fast-growing consumer app, you’re in the right place.
We’re seeking a VP of Finance with startup experience who will oversee all financial aspects of the company. Reporting to the President, responsibilities include strategic planning, forecasting, budgeting, and cash management.
This position will oversee accounting operations, including payables, receivables, payroll, and tax preparation, along with managing insurance coverages for the company. This position will also be responsible for the timely and accurate reporting of financial information to key stakeholders both inside and outside of the organization.
We’re looking for people who:
- Have strong analytical, forecasting, and accounting skills
- Are great communicators — effective communication is key for internal and external stakeholders
- Will lead the finance organization and work collaboratively with senior leadership
- Are ready to learn and share financial acumen and knowledge — everyone comes to our company with their own set of skills and experiences. Cross-training, mentorship, and curiosity all help us build better products.
- Work collaboratively with leadership to execute on the strategic vision of the company
- Timely and accurate reporting of financial information to internal and external stakeholders
- Lead and manage the budgeting and forecasting process
- Oversee accounting, risk management, payroll, and other finance-related areas
- Monitor and report on key financial metrics of the organization
- Work with outside auditors on annual audit
- Filing annual taxes
- Manage insurance coverages for the organization
Experience and Requirements:
- 4+ years financial experience in a growing start-up environment
- 7+ years of overall managerial accounting and financial management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, or business administration (master’s degree preferred), along with professional certifications and continued education
- CPA preferred but not required
- Experience managing finances for a digital subscription service preferred
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines
- Merger and acquisition experience preferred
- A passion for camping and the outdoors and has regularly camped in recent years
- Excellent personal organizational, communication and presentation skills for internal and external stakeholders
Not sure you meet all of the requirements, but are passionate about the outdoors and have product management experience? We’d still love to hear from you!